Press Conference: “Emission-Free High Sea Navigation: Researchers from Graz Take the Helm Europe-Wide”
Date: Wed, 13th of June 2018, 9:30 am
Location: LEC GmbH, Inffeldgasse 19/EG, 8010 Graz
The experts on the podium were:
- Harald Kainz, Rector of the Graz University of Technology (TU Graz) and owner representative of the LEC
- Andreas Wimmer,, CEO of the Large Engines Competence Center (LEC) and deputy director of the Institute of Combustion Engines and Thermodynamics (IVT) at the TU Graz
- Stephan Laiminger, GE Power, LEC owner representative and industry partner
- Peter Steinrück, HOERBIGER, LEC owner representative and industry partner
The following questions were answered in the discussion:
- How is it, that in a landlocked city like Graz there is such high competence for emission free ship propulsion of all things? How have the LEC and the TU Graz developed Europe-wide leadership in this area?
- What are the special challenges with sustainability in the marine sector?
- Which possibilities are linked to HyMethShip for Graz and Austria? How does the general public profit from it?
- What distinguishes the strong consortium comoposed of members from 6 EU states?
- How can it be guaranteed that the project will result in marketable innovations so that the goals can be achieved?
All information about the event are available for download. The use of the documents and pictures is permitted without charge if the copyright LEC GmbH is declared.
All documents are in German.
Presentation held by Dr. Wimmer: „Emissionsfreie Hochseeschifffahrt: Grazer Forscher übernehmen europaweit das Steuer“ (pdf)
For inquiries please contact:
(c) lec GmbH & Geopho